This award is open to businesses with 25+ full time employees operating in the tourism, hospitality and entertainment sectors who can demonstrate a comprehensive programme to minimise the impact that their business operations is having on the environment. Organisations that should enter include, but is not limited to, Restaurants, Hotels, Concert and Sports Events operators, Tourist businesses, Paid Tourist Attractions, Sports facilities. Both single unit and multiple site operators can enter.
You must explain what you have achieved so far, particularly over the last 12 months, and what you hope to achieve in the future. And we need to see evidence of an overall strategy that sets out your targets and how you plan to achieve them and hard statistics demonstrating year-on-year comparisons.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Describe the steps taken to reduce and recycle waste within your organisation.
- Describe the steps taken within your organisation to prevent, control, and clear litter.
- Describe any efforts to engage with “green” suppliers, or to source local, Irish, and sustainable products/materials, to ensure the achievement of your sustainability objectives.
- Describe the steps your organisation has taken to improve energy efficiency and/or water efficiency.
- Describe any sustainable transport initiatives your organisation has taken, e.g., to reduce congestion, to green your fleet, or any other any other actions that result in fuel savings, CO2 emission reduction.
- Describe how you engage with your staff and the wider community and support the local economy.