This award is open to any healthcare facility, of any size, public, voluntary or private, that can demonstrate a comprehensive programme to minimise the environmental impact of its services while optimising outcomes for patients.
You must explain what you have achieved so far, particularly over the last 12 months, and what you hope to achieve in the future. And we need to see evidence of an overall strategy that sets out your targets and how you plan to achieve them and hard statistics demonstrating year-on-year comparisons.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Describe the steps taken to reduce and recycle waste within your organisation.
- Describe any efforts to engage with “green” suppliers, or to source local, Irish, and sustainable products/materials, to ensure the achievement of your sustainability objectives.
- Describe any activities your organisation has recently taken to conserve biodiversity, use biological resources sustainably, improve natural habitats.
- Describe the steps your organisation has taken to improve energy efficiency and/or water efficiency.
- Describe any sustainable transport initiatives your organisation has taken, e.g., to reduce congestion, to green your fleet, or any other any other actions that result in fuel savings, CO2 emission reduction.
- Describe how you engage with your staff and the wider community and support the local economy.
- Outline the environmental impact of your internal policies and any accreditation you have received to date.