This award is open to businesses throughout the island of Ireland with 50+ full time employees who can demonstrate commitment, innovation and action in improving waste management systems through sustainability and innovation.
You must explain what you have achieved so far, particularly over the last 12 months, and what you hope to achieve in the future. And we need to see evidence of an overall strategy that sets out your targets, your ability to achieve targets on time, how you plan to achieve them and hard statistics demonstrating year-on-year comparisons.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Waste Management does not just encompass waste placed in bins on site but on other parts of the waste hierarchy (Prevention, Reuse, Recycle, Recover, Disposal). Do any other tiers of this hierarchy fit into your corporate social responsibility in terms of waste management broadly?
- Describe, if any, the commitments (internal or public) and leadership your organisation, particularly top management, has shown in driving the sustainability agenda within waste management.
- Describe, if any, the new sustainable processes you have developed in your business over the past 12 months to move closer to your sustainability goal in terms of waste management.
- Describe, if any, the commitment to increasing recycling levels in your company.
- Describe, if any, the training completed to up-skill you and your colleagues to deliver a sustainable waste management programme.