This award is open to businesses in Ireland who are setting the standards for ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) excellence through the creation and implementation of a leading-edge ESG strategies with proven performance.
Entrants should provide details of the how their performance was impacted by an overall strategy, the measures taken to implement it and what has been achieved (particularly over the last year).
Backed up with hard statistics, demonstrating year-on-year comparisons; successful submissions need to show tangible and measurable achievements.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Strategy Overview: Describe how the ESG strategy was developed and outline the objectives.
- Environmental: Please outline the sustainability initiatives and green practices your organisation are implementing. Outline any targets set, how the initiatives were rolled out, and the measurable outcomes of your efforts (including any downward trends in annual figures).
- Social: Please outline the commitment to ESG principles through your organisation’s social practices and initiatives. Describe these initiatives and the impact of your social policies on the livelihood of your employees, key stakeholders, community activities, etc.
- Governance & Reporting: Describe the organisation’s approach to governance and reporting, and how transparency is maintained at every level.
- Commitment & Leadership: Please describe your organisation’s leadership and commitment to a successful ESG strategy, e.g., through staff training and communication, senior management buy-in, and whether ESG principles form a central part of the organisation’s culture.
- Outcomes: Including but not limited to:
- Demonstrating how your strategy aligned with sustainable market activity, showing growth in: EU Taxonomy, sustainable investment and meeting best practice benchmarks.
- Showing how the implementation of your strategy focussed on improvements to the workforce, communities and supply chains.
- Showcasing the impact of the strategy at management level and how your corporate behaviour improved.